- House Votes to Block EPA Water Rules
- 9/11 Hearing in People for the Ethical Treatment of Property Owners v. FWS
- The EPA Could Be Preparing For A Mass Takeover Of Private Property In The US
- EPA blasts ‘myths’ on water jurisdiction rule
- The Government Is Controlling Private Property to Save Frog Species Not Seen in 50 Years
- Environmentalism is the New Communism
- Court Reluctantly Upholds Designation of Critial Habitat for Frog
- American enslavement to the Endangered Species Act in violation of Equal Protection and 13th Amendment
- The Endangered Species Act Hits Affluent Maryland Suburb of the Nation’s Capital, and People are Furious
- EPA has become a green monster
- Lawsuit Accuses San Francisco of Environmental Hypocrisy
- The Endangered Species Act — a law without limits
- Critical Habitat and the Endangered Species Act: Proposed Revisions to Fundamental Regulatory Concepts
- Appeals Court Rebufffs Federal Agency’s Attempt at “Sue & Settle” Regulation
- Defeating “Sue & Settle” Agreements: Third Circuit Decision Supporting Shale Gas Development Shows The Way
- USFWS Proposes Designation of Critical Habitat for Western Yellow-Billed Cuckoo
- The EPA gets it right, for once
- Tree Thinning at Lake Tahoe On Hold Due to Potential Negative Effects to Sierra Nevada Yellow-legged Frog
- Proposed Arizona copper mine may threaten ocelot and jaguar
- The hidden “persuaders” of the environmentalist elite
- Pacific Legal Fund Sends Letter to US Fish & Wildlife Regarding Critical Habitat Designations
- While fishing for ways to interfere with your property, FWS catches a boot
- Senate Bill Works Landowner Cost Into Habitat Designations
- EPA power grab evidence of out-of-touch administration
- How Endangered Species Act litigation means big money for environmental groups
- Proposed Critical Habitat Rules Change Reach of the Endangered Species Act
- SLAVERY AT THE HANDS OF ENVIRONMENTAL FASCISTS
- Going Green In The Name of Tyranny
- HOUSE COMMITTEE VOTES TO INVALIDATE EPA’S PROPOSED WATER REGULATION RULE
- EPA Permit Hide and Seek Casts Uncertainty on Development
- WHEN WILL AMERICAN FARMERS, RANCHERS AND MINERS BE LISTED ON THE EPA ENDANGERED SPECIES LIST?
- Senators join in EPA ‘secret science’ charge
- Lead May Be A New Precious Metal
- EPA Just Made Rural America More Vulnerable to Wildfires
- EPA Harasses Americans
- Green Drought
- Letter To USDA Urges Withdrawl: Witnesses Agree Proposed Water Rights Regulations Continue the “Obama Knows Best” Water Policies
- Congressman Smith: EPA Seeks Control Of Private Property
- Conservationists Petition to Restore American Grizzly to the West
- Everyone Declares Victory After Supreme Court’s EPA Ruling
- Supes express access concerns with frog proposal
- Administration Proposes Significant Expansion of Endangered Species Act
- To Protect a Mouse, Forest Service Cuts Off Water Access in New Mexico
- Water Police: EPA’s Definition of “Tributary”
- Science, subpoenas, and the Endangered Species Act
- The REAL Truth Behind Bundy Ranch Land-Grab in Nevada
- Conservative group sues EPA over its ‘IRS-like’ tactics
- EPA’s Water Police: Coming to Your Farm?
- More Fraudulent Science from EPA
- Time for the states to fight back against ‘sue and settle’ environmentalists with their own litigation
- Arkansas House delegation introduces bill requiring social impact study before habitat designation
- Pruitt: Devastating combination (Endangered Species Act)
- EPA’s ‘independent’ science advisers get government grants, ‘peer review’ own work
- Oklahoma Enters the Fray of Endangered Species Sue-and-Settle
- Neugebauer Introduces Bill to Reform Endangered Species Act
- The Green Scam Of “Endangered Species”
- John Beale: The EPA Fraudster You’ve Never Heard But Whose Work Is Destroying America
- Minnesota Legislation Seeks to Nullify EPA Rulemaking
- Oklahoma Lawsuit Challenges Use Of Endangered Species To Stop Energy Boom
- Improving the Endangered Species Act For the 21st Century
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Sage Grouse Rebellion
- Rural County Representatives of California Submits Comments on Frog/Yosemite Toad Economic Analysis
- State of Idaho: Authority of EPA Not Authorized by Constitution; Violates True Meaning, Intent by Founders
- The EPA and the New Scientific Method for Kids: Just Believe Us
- House GOP Looks To Shed Light On EPA “Secret Science” Data
- EPA Threatens To Fine Farmer $37,500 Every Time It Rains
- Proposed EPA Power Plant Regs Nothing Less Than Industrial Sabotage
- Sage-grouse could become mining’s ‘Spotted Owl on Steroids’ – AMEA
- America In Lockdown
- House Republicans call for overhaul to Endangered Species Act
- Have Transparency & Sound Science Gone Extinct?
- Jobs Killed By Un-Endangered Species
- The Economic Costs of (Designating) Wilderness (Areas)
- Bill Seeks To Remove Federal Protection For Endangered Species
- CBD Files Emergency Petition For Mojave Desert Snail
- Wake Up Call About Critical Habitat From Defend Rural America
- More Sue & Settle Madness- EPA Banning Most Woodstoves In US
- Real World Experience of ESA & “Habitat Restoration”
- Smoking Gun: Disgraced Obama EPA Official Testifies to Anti-Capitalist Plan
- Defend Rural America Notes Upcoming Events
- USFWS Issuing “Incidental Take” Permits to Wind Farms Killing Bald Eagles
- US EPA Funds Environmental Projects in…… MEXICO!
- Representative Doc Hastings calls for reforms to the Endangered Species Act
- Federal Register Jan 10, 2014- USFWS Endangered Status For SNYLF & MYLF
- The Dirty Little Secret Regarding The Sage Grouse
- USFWS Critical Habitat Questions & Answers (must read)
- Water Board Study Finds That Mercury Is NOT A Problem
- Sue & Settle- Regulation from Behind Closed Doors (Must Read)
- Endangered Species Industry Is Booming
- USFWS: Draft Economic Analysis Available On Proposed Critical Habitat For 3 Sierra Amphibians
- Center For Biological Diversity Intent to Sue In Arizona, New Mexico and Texas
- 9th Circuit Ruling Issued In Midst Of Debate Over Federal Agency ‘Sue-and-Settle’ Tactics
- Citizen Suit Watch: Ninth Circuit Rejects ‘Sue and Settle’ Consent Decree
- EPA is Finally (sort of) Protecting Bees
- Federal Misconduct Corralled by Federal Judge
- Don Eno’s Letter to CA DFW Noting The Obvious (This is a MUST READ!)
- California hiding behind tiny smelt, not facing reality
- The unassailable Endangered Species Act
- EPA … bureaucracy run amok!
We are the Western Mining Alliance
Welcome to the web home of the Western Mining Alliance. It’s likely we’re out chasing gold. If you are interested in the hunt for American gold, then you’ve found the right place. We are the largest organization of independent miners in the country. We’re committed to preserving the uniquely American tradition of exploration, prospecting and development of mines. We support reasonable environmental protection and we encourage responsible mining.
There’s still a lot of gold in them hills. Geologists estimate there is twice as much gold remaining as was taken out during the gold rush. Most operational gold mines shut down during World War II and the expense of reopening them exceeded the return with gold at $32 an ounce. Today, with gold exceeding $1,300 an ounce there is a renewed interest in gold mining.
We support and defend a type of gold mining called suction gold dredging. The suction gold dredge is the most efficient mining equipment invented. It is portable, causes no environmental damage and is 98% efficient in recovering gold on the bottoms of the rivers. This type of mining has been ongoing since the invention of the air regulator, over 50 years. As opposed to environmentalist claims, there is no environmental harm. These small machines move a few cubic yards of gravel per day from the river bottom, and then redeposit the same gravel back to the same spot. The spring floods erase all traces of the previous year’s activity.
We disagree with the State of California’s Environmental Impact Report. The media typically reports simply “significant environmental effects” were found. Did you ever stop to wonder what those effects were?
What’s the Controversy About
(1) We create noise. A suction dredge typically uses the same engine your lawnmower does, and it operates on a federal mining claim deep in the canyons of the mountains. The average runs about 64db which is 4 db above conversation levels. A chainsaw runs about 110 db.
(2) We stir up silt. This is true, we do stir up silt, but there is not a single documented case, ever, of a single fish being harmed by this silt. All research papers which have studied dredges in operation have found the silt dissipates rapidly, in fact it’s completely gone within 100 meters of the operation.
(3) We stir up mercury. Not true. The EIR speculated a suction dredge would disturb the mercury and release mere molecules of mercury. However, the theory wasn’t proven. In fact during the test using an instrumented suction dredge the researchers found mercury levels below the dredge were lower than mercury levels above the dredge. The environmental report ignored this result and instead used a hand dug pit in the most mercury contaminated location in the state to achieve their results. It would have been impossible for a real suction dredge to have operated where they dug their pit. The truth is flexible.
(4) We release mercury forever trapped in sediment layers. Mercury, and in fact nothing, is forever trapped. A recent study by Dr. Michael Singer of the University of California, Santa Barbara, confirms even the deepest levels of sediment bound mercury are released with the ten year flood. Do you want to recover this mercury before it moves, or let it move to the valleys? The EIR found suction dredgers have likely removed from the California waterways more than 2.5 tons of mercury, but this was ignored in favor of stopping a few molecules of mercury from being released.
(5) We endanger wildlife. Absolutely untrue and completely unsupported by the record. There is not a single documented case of a suction dredger harming even one fish during fifty years of operation. Not one single case.
Propaganda is Not the same as Research
- The environmental groups spend over $4 billion per year to convince you the environment is in dire trouble, it’s not true
- There are currently 1,516 species in the United States listed as threatened or endangered and environmental groups are petitioning to add hundreds more per year
- Critical habitat already approaches nearly 50% of the land mass of California and Oregon
- Recent endangered species listings are the result of sub-dividing species into more and more specific locations, for example there are millions and millions of Coho Salmon, but when you subdivide this species into only where it lays its eggs you end up with the endangered Upper Columbia River Coho, the endangered Middle Columbia River Coho.
- The federal government owns nearly 1/3 of all the lands in this country that’s over 770 million acres
- Environmentalists continue to push for even more lands to be withdrawn from the private economy and even more restrictions be placed on existing lands including private property
Our Cause is Freedom
Economic freedom and the support of rural America. We, and other groups are doing something about it. It’s simple, we’re shining the light of day of the interconnected web of environmental groups, universities, corporations and the government. At the end of the day it’s all about money, and there’s a lot of money involved in saving the environment. Being a non-profit doesn’t make you an angel, it’s just as likely to make you a demon.
RECENT TOPIC DOWNLOADS